At the bottom of MetaStock is a toolbar with six buttons in a row. These six buttons come pre-installed with some common templates included in MetaStock.
One click on these buttons will launch a specific set-up, or template on the chart you are currently viewing. It’s easy to create additional buttons or replace the existing buttons with your own configuration. Here’s how you do it:
1. Right click on one of the six Custom Toolbar buttons and select “Custom Toolbar Properties”.
2. A new window will open with the list of pre-installed buttons. To create a new button, click “New”. To make a change to an existing button, select that button and click “Edit”. In this example, I’ll be creating a new button.
3. Another new window will appear and ask you to locate the template that you would like to attach to the new button. Click “Browse” to select the template from your local folders. (The MetaStock templates folder should automatically populate, but if it does not, the file path is “Libraries > Documents > MetaStock”).
4. Now you will be prompted to select an icon for your new button. Click on the icon that you want, then name your button. Click “Next”
5. The final step is to name the status bar prompt. Then click “Finish”. Your new custom button is created!
Customization is one of the hallmarks that makes MetaStock the wold leader in technical analysis. These helpful buttons are just one way to make your experience fit your individual charting needs.